Yesterday Gladney updated the Ethiopian program families about the present delays. As with most things in life, there is an up-side and a not-so-up-side.
The good news is that MOWA has agreed to begin issuing opinions for some Gladney court process families, based on pre-determined criteria. They are committed to placing as many children into families as possible, and in light of the impending court closure, they have agreed that it is in the best interest of the children if they proceed with these court cases.
The not-so-great news is that the situation is continuing to delay the court process for some families. This delay is definitely a bummer, but again, MOWA does understand the desire to complete as many adoptions as possible before the court closure, and will begin issuing opinions for the affected families as soon as the situation is resolved.
The most personal aspect, for me, is that Gladney continues to hold off on making referrals until the outcome of the situation is resolved. This means my referral will be delayed. Depending on the length of the delays, when referrals resume, and the court process after I accept a referral, it is very possible that I will not be able to pick up my little girl until after the courts re-open in October. While I understand and agree with Gladney's decision, this is very disappointing. However, I do trust and have every confidence in them; they have my best at heart, as well as my daughter's. They are the experts, and if this is what they have determined the best step at this point, then so be it.