Monday, September 8, 2008

They Made It!

After a very troublesome journey that included all sorts of mechanical problems, engine issues, and computer failures (and hence, a missed flight to Ethiopia!), Jennifer and Jody made it to Addis and picked up sweet Abraham today at 1pm local time.

She says he is sweet and tiny and puts himself to sleep by sucking his thumb:) 2 wet diapers and no poopies (yet.) He smiles all the time, and when Jennifer was on the phone with her sister, Abey just babbled the whole time!

Can you believe I will meet him in just 6 short days? Ahhhhh! I will actually get to meet Abey Sunday night- before I get my sweet girl! But we plan to remedy that by hanging out with Jennifer/Jody/Abey, Meredith/Ryan/Simon, and whoever else wants to on Monday night. I think Anna will love playing with the boys, and I know Abigail will love it! A week from today. One week until my Anna is in my arms.

Wow.

7 comments:

Blog Shmog said...

Wow, that is so fun! I can't wait to hear how your journey goes. It's so sweet that your daughter gets to go with you. What an incredible opportunity for her. :)

Julee said...

I've follwed your blog for a little while..VERY exciting! I am going to miss you by days in Ethiopia. We will be there the 30th for a "visit" trip to meet our new children. We have 8 fom Ethiopia and are blessed to thankful to be adopting two more. Both your children are beautiful and can;t wait to hear of your trip. It is a most blessed event!!
julee
http://stillwaterjulee.blogspot.com/

Jebena said...

Enjoy your trip, you all will be in my thoughts and prayers! Love Ya Much!!!!

Rebecca said...

So glad they finally made it! Hopefully their travel back is uneventful.

I've been thinking about you today. (I was actually in a Christian bookstore tonight and saw your sparrow shirt!) I know your time is right around the corner...and I can't wait!!

mama becca said...

You guys are going to have such an amazing experience together! Thanks for the update...
becca

~Laura~ said...

You guys are going to have your own little blog union. SO.MUCH.FUN. I can't WAIT to see pics of all you guys together.

The Soucys said...

I am so jealappy for you all, I could cry!
I can't wait until you are both home with your babes!