So, it's done. The big reveal.
I notified Abigail's father that I am adopting a baby and taking Abigail to Ethiopia to go get my little one. This was significantly more stressful for me than it sounds.
For those who don't follow my other blog, Abigail's dad and I are not exactly on good terms. He has decided that he wants nothing to do with financially supporting Abigail, no matter how many court orders I have. We have been in court for over a year now, and it's just getting ridiculous at this point.
I guess there is some safety in that. I don't think he can stop me from taking Abigail to Ethiopia, especially since I have taken every health and safety precaution that I can and since Abigail's teacher/principal has approved the trip. But, I guess he could try. And to be frank, I wouldn't put it past him. (Sometimes I think he does things just to spite me.) On the other hand, I don't think he could actually get a judge to side with him, considering he hasn't been involved with Abigail in over a year, and he is in violation of several court orders.
If you think of it, say a little prayer for this situation, would you? I feel the weight of this hanging over me, and I am very nervous that he will try something.