Friday, August 8, 2008

Named: Misrak

"Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east, and gather you from the west."
Isaiah 43:5


Misrak. It is the name her birthmother gave her. It means "East."
"Therefore in the east give glory to the LORD; exalt the name of the LORD, the God of Israel, in the islands of the sea."
Isaiah 24:15


Why East? Her homeland? Her place of hope? Her goal and destination on life's journey?


I do not know.


But I know that name meant something to her beautiful birthmom. And therefore, it means something to me, and it will mean a lot to Sparrow. It is part of her heritage- part of what makes her who she is. It is a gift that was given to her by her birthmom, and just as I want to honor my sister with the name Faith, I want to also honor Anna's birthmom by keeping the name Misrak. She is a wonderful, loving, courageous woman.


I saw the glory of the God of Israel coming from the east. His voice was like the roar of rushing waters, and the land was radiant with his glory.
Ezekiel 43:2

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

so very sweet. Misrak is a beautiful name.

I kind of wish I could get her shirt for Eli :)

Blessed Mommy said...

I also think that Misrak is beautiful.. especially since it is such an amazing gift that her b-mom gave to her -- you are such a great mom!

hazel said...

Misrak is a beautiful name for a beautiful little girl. I'm glad that you have the name her birthmother gave her.

ruthie said...

Umm... is it fair or one person to have such beautiful children?

Anonymous said...

I think this is so important and I am so glad that you are giving her a beautiful name that has such meaning to you as well as keeping a beautiful part of her name that will have so much meaning to her. Bravo!