Thursday, August 14, 2008

All Worked Up

I am all worked up.... again. Just when I thought things were supposed to be smooth sailing! Here I was prepared for 30 days, a long plane ride, and a baby in my arms. This is supposed to be the easy part, the part without a thousand surprises, the part that just keeps getting better and better.

Or, you know, not so much.

If you don't know what I am talking about, I am probably not supposed to tell you. Don't worry, my adoption is not in jeopardy or anything, and Sparrow will be in my arms on September 15. But right now I just got word of some changes that are taking place in Ethiopia, and I am all worked up about it.

I know in the end, everything will work out. God did not bring me this far to disappoint me. But man, this is an intense feeling of having the wind knocked out of my sails + ticked off. Can you pray that it all is worked out sooner rather than later? Like, tomorrow, or heck (since it is 12:300AM) maybe even today!

6 comments:

~Laura~ said...

I'm sorry sister. I'm so disappointed by all of this as well. Have you spoke to your caseworker? Are they making exceptions for families who have already booked travel?

Natalie Fournet said...

Disappointed and praying with you...

And I sent something in the mail for the babies...thanks!

Our family said...

I am right there with you! We are leaving next week to pick up our little guy. It is never easy!

Mary

Lori S said...

I know how you feel! I'm praying too!

hazel said...

Hi Grace, whatever the issue is, I hope it's resolved soon. You will have your baby in your arms so soon - love it!!

Anonymous said...

what the heck is going on??!?!? you can't make a post like that and leave us hanging!