Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Week 12

That's right folks- 12 weeks! Next week is the big 1-3, the big 3 months- the big WINDOW DAY! I might be a tad bit excited. And eager. And hopeful. And it might mean I am very forward thinking. According to the masses, it does not mean I am desperate.

This week's highlights include:

~ Not only did I get the bunk beds, I taught Abigail how to get on and off them with ease! And I even found a mattress for the bottom bunk!

~ Received some lovely books from Chris and Jess. Thanks guys! We love them and may even be so bold as to post a book review here.

~ There was a big mess up with getting my certificate of completion from NCFA for my Hague training, but it was all straightened out by the wonderful Jessica, and now I am good to go!

~ And of course, the biggest news was the adoption grant I was awarded!

Onward! One more week to the window!

10 comments:

The Soucys said...

Yippee! Happy Week 12! Time is flying! I like the forward-thinking, eager aspect. I think that is the perfect synonym for my referral desperation!
Maybe next week will be THE week!

ruthie said...

Wasn't it just week 11? How does time go so fast? I will be praying for your window.

habesha child said...

Congrats on week 12 and ESPECIALLY on getting that grant! So exciting!!

J, A, T and Y said...

Wow...you have had a great week!
Congrats!

Jennifer said...

Week 12. SCORE! I can't wait til I get the call from you (hint hint) that you got your referral!!! I am desperate for your referral!

VALARIE said...

Congratulations on the grant. That is such a blessing!

Heather said...

GREAT NEWS on both the grant & the window!! Have a wonderful week 13, THE CALL is coming!

-Heather

Stacie said...

How exciting about the grant! Congratulations! And, woohoo week 12!!

Anonymous said...

Is it just me,or is there this eerie calm,like right before the storm? everyone is holding their breath waiting for the next round of referrals. Here's hoping they start soon and that you are getting THAT call. Congrats on the grant...that's such an awesome blessing.

Jan

Susan and Chad said...

Graceling, we are so very excited for you! Love watching your journey - may there be peace in the waiting.