Monday, April 7, 2008

Praise God/ Thanks SCC!

Oh my heavens! I can't stop thanking God for all his goodness and mercy to me!

I just got word today that I have received a $4,000 grant from Shaohannah's Hope, the adoption grant organization that was founded by Steven Curtis and Mary Beth Chapman!

I love this organization because they are one of the few Christian adoption organizations that gives grants to single adoptive parents, not just married couples. They firmly believe that kids belong in a family, and they are working to make that happen for as many children as possible. So thanks Shaohannah's hope, thanks Steven and Mary Beth, and thank you God!

11 comments:

mama becca said...

CONGRATULATIONS!
That is so awesome!!!
I'm very glad to hear they give grants to single parents as well... what a great thing to know!
Also, I have two kids... my first wasn't even 2 when my second was born, and I just knew it would be traumatic for her no matter when another child came into the family. And I know when we bring Sam home, it will be hard on my son Pete. So, what you did was perfect. You hold them, reassure them... and then the rest is just letting them be mad/sad every so often... let them adjust... be there to love/reassure... and I promise it all pays off in the end (and it's the best thing that will ever happen to Abigail :)))
Hope that helps!
becca

Susan and Chad said...

WOW! AWESOME! They are a great organization. Congrats! That is such a huge deal! YAY!

The Soucys said...

WOOT WOOT! This is awesome news! God is good!

ruthie said...

YAY! Grant = no payback, unlike a loan. What a blessing!! God is good!!!!!

Jennifer said...

Yay, yay, yay!!!!!!!!!!

Tanya said...

Wonderful news!!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you. "And my God will meet all your needs according to His riches in Christ Jesus." -Philippians 4:19 In the grip of His grace -Kim Seitzinger

hazel said...

Congratulations - this is so very wonderful!!

Holly said...

Praise Him indeed!!
What a blessing! He will lead your daughter home and provide for all your needs!

Jana said...

Unbelievable!!!! So happy for you! Praise God.

Blessed Mommy said...

oh grace! how AWESOME!!! Just goes to show when God calls you to something -- HE will make a way, huh? So, so excited and happy for you and Abigail and your new sweetie!!