Thursday, May 8, 2008

Choices, Choices

Jana is up there on the list. So is Meredith(Guzo). So when Meredith wrote this post, I could totally relate. Then Jana left this comment:

"You are echoing my feelings EXACTLY. In a few days, I have gone from zen girl to jumping out of my skin.....I am SOOOOOO with you, girl. It is really quite unpleasant. Today I got pulled over for expired registration, THEN I didn't have my ID with me (long story) and THEN my ins. card had expired a few weeks ago. I ended up with a 500.oo ticket. I thought, as the police officer was writing up my ticket in his car, "What if my referral call comes right now? I think I will spontaneously combust."Again, everything you said, I echo!!!"
Oh Jana, how I know what you mean... Yesterday, I was in a near-code situation, and all the while, I kept thinking... "Man, what if I am on this lady's chest doing CPR and my referral call comes?"
In the end, I did decide that if that happened, I would have to call Jessica back.
But it was a real toss-up.

6 comments:

Meredith said...

Great post. This may not make the situation better but I feel your referral ANY SECOND NOW!

Christine said...

This was hilarious! I'm near puking as I await the dr's assessment.

m&r said...

Oh Grace - I can't decide whether to feel good that I am not alone in all this or to feel awful that others are experiencing this very special kind of madness!

But I really do believe we're all going to be celebrating very soon....

mama becca said...

This. Is. Hilarious.
But only because I know exactly how you all feel... those of you waiting... geez, seems like yesterday that my stomach was in knots...
Hang in there!!!
becca

Anonymous said...

Mental note: If I'm in a 'code' situation, request NOT to go to Grace's hospital! Just checking in and hoping for an extra special Mother's Day surprise for you.

Jan

Holly said...

Grace,
It's gonna come when you least expect it- go ahead and handle the code! :)
Seriously, I check into your site often, waiting to see the post that THE CALL came!
Blessings of peace as you wait,
Holly from
www.purposedrivenfamily.blogspot.com