Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Adoption Acrostic

There seems to be some confusion about what an acrostic poem is. I did not make it up! I present the following as an example:

Across the wide ocean
Deep in the heart of Africa
One little girl waits.
Patiently, I wait
Thinking of how
It will feel when I hold
One dear heart
Near to mine.

Here is a slightly more desperate acrostic:


Can it be that
All these families have their
Little one's pictures? Their
Little one's name?

Maybe one day I will hear Jessica's
Excited voice, too.

2 comments:

The Soucys said...

I love your acrostic. A++
I especially love the second one. Forward thinking, remember?
You crack me up! :)

Mrs. Kensington said...

What's better than
A little time
In peaceful reflection
To contemplate the future?

You watch the clock tick
On and see other happy faces
Unveil their cherished pictures.

See, what a blessing time is!
Keep each moment in your heart.
I can only imagine one thing
Perhaps better than extra time:
PLEASE
END THE SUFFERING
DIAL THE PHONE AND CALL

ME!!!
ENOUGH ALREADY!!!