Thursday, November 29, 2007

Nothing Says Lovin' Like FedEx

I love my FedEx man. Mmm. So nice.

Today he delivered a package to me. When I saw that the return address was my own handwriting, I worried. When I read "State of Washington," I groaned.

"Oh no!" I thought to myself. "I must have mixed up the labels and sent Eryka's reference letter to myself on accident rather than to the State of WA for authentication. I only just sent it on Monday, and I sent it 3 day saver, so it definitely did not have time to get there and back yet!"

But behold. The FedEx man brought me glad tidings of great joy!

The letter had indeed traveled to Olympia, WA and back in those few short days, and it bore upon it the famed golden seal of the State of Washington! And so, I now have 2 of my documents for my dossier authenticated. (Waiting on the docs from Illinois and to take my PA docs down to Harrisburg once my home study gets fixed.)



One of the nicest things about this adoption process so far is that I have had my friends and family say such nice things about me... Eryka wrote a particularly touching letter of reference. So thank you! Thanks also to Doctor John, Josh and Moriah Huff, and my sister, Faith.

2 comments:

Blessed Mommy said...

YAY for the state of Washington!... I just IL can go that fast :)

Anonymous said...

I wasn't trying to be nice. I was trying to be honest. Coincidence that I could pull off both! You are welcome, darlin'!