Wednesday, October 22, 2008

So Thankful...

I looked back at my archives today, and watched the movie of Abigail seeing her sister for the first time.

Then I re-read my referral story.

And then one of my all-time favorite posts.

I am so thankful that I have a record of this process- not only to give me some perspective if (when) I do this adoption thing again, but also to have it to share with Anna. To show her that for 9 months, my whole life pretty much revolved around meeting her. To show her how much she was loved, how much she was wanted, how much she was anticipated, even before I saw her face. One day, that will mean a lot to her.

And I am so thankful for the wonderful adoption community I have met during this process- and all the support I received along the way.

Now I am going to try to post some pictures over on Gracelings.

2 comments:

I Love Purple More Than You said...

I've found that blogging is one of the best ways for me to record my life too. So nice to have it all written down!!!

Rebecca said...

Isn't it surreal that Anna jumped from your computer screen to your arms? I mean, I know that's not how it actually happened...but, it's pretty crazy that you get to hold her now!

I love hearing referral stories, it brings up so many emotions for me! Aren't you glad we have all of these little details on record?