Thursday, October 23, 2008

International Adoption Social Worker Appreciation Day?

As many of you know, November is National Adoption Month. And March is Social Worker Appreciation Month. But I am thinking that international adoption social workers are really special. They put up with a special brand of crazy that only comes with the wait of IA. They deserve their own day.

So, what if we pick a day in November to be International Adoption Social Worker Appreciation Day?

(IASWAD... I as wad? I a swad? Sounds funny when you say it out loud.)

I know having a great social worker made me feel better- even thought the process was anything but easy. I know so many of you are truly blessed by the kindness, patience, and endurance of your case worker. And while I am most familiar with Gladney's team, I am know that this is true across all agencies.

So, what do you think? Should we do it? Anyone want to name a date?

1 comment:

CHRISTY said...

I think it's a great idea! You name the day- the Campbell's will appreciate our caseworker!